How do I install the StandaloneLMS program?
The StandaloneLMS software is a program created at Prosentient to simplify on- and off-line self checkout. It requires a Windows computer and access to a Koha installation hosted by Intersearch.
- Download StandaloneLMS.zip.
- Open .zip file on the computer you wish to use as a self-checkout terminal.
- Open "Release" folder.
- Doubleclick StandaloneInstall.msi (if a warning comes up about an unverified publisher, click Run).
- On the Welcome to the StandaloneLMS Setup Wizard screen click the "Next" button.
- On the Select Installation Folder screen you can browse to a folder to place the program onto your system, and select if you want to install it for all the users of the computer or just the account with which you're doing the install. You can also leave the defaults as set. Then click the "Next" button.
- On the Prosentient Systems screen select a location for the program to store your library data (or leave it as the default). Click the "Next" button.
- On the Confirm Installation screen click the "Next" button.
- A screen saying Installing StandaloneLMS will appear and ask you to wait while it installs the software. (If you're running Windows Vista, it may ask if you wanted to run this program, click Allow.) When it is installed a screen will appear saying Installation Complete. You can then click the "Close" button.